Any idea's for Landscaping around my new shed? Going to do it this weekend...

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by burmjohn, Sep 2, 2011.

1. burmjohn

burmjohn LawnSite Member

Any idea's for Landscaping around my new shed? Going to do it this weekend...

I was going to edge out the grass line around the shed, and then do black mulch to match the other mulch I have around the shrubs. I'd like to get some nice low growing plants, but I know nothing about that crap around there, especially to fill in to the left in he picture where you can see my neighbors shed. Any advise?

P.S. Located in NY

I'm also going to build a ramp out of treated wood, and use trex for the treads.

Thank you in advance.. this is not my area of expertise! ;)

2011-09-02_18-58-20_413.jpg

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would use stone instead of mulch just make sure u use some good fabric

Where is your neighbor shed ? that's not your garage ? unless u talking about the back where you see a corner between both building !

3. burmjohn

burmjohn LawnSite Member

The Neighbors shed is the one to the left, no that is not my garage, he has a huge shed. Thanks! - John

4. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Is that all your property up to your neighbors shed and in between the two buildings ?

5. burmjohn

burmjohn LawnSite Member

Not really, but I'm treating it as such because I have look at it.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, use stone as opposed to mulch around non-foundation buildings...

for the other shed any kind of arborvitae hedge would work, or spruce if you have deer and are willing to prune annually... a topiary fence would be interestting and quick...

Global arborvitaes that will stay trimmed to the bottom of the windows, which meansthey should be planted 2.5 feet out from the building... smaller for colorful shrubs surrounding them, such as the golden juniper (that I can't think of the name of, right now)... but those things will burn out in hot dry sandy conditions...

Which way is the building facing?