any idea's on shop lift's for movers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burnandreturn, Jan 11, 2004.

1. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

Just wondering what everyone is using for lifting their mowers?

Because of the soil we have here in North Texas I have to clean out the decks very often. I normally use a power washer, unless out on the road.

I have checked out commercial lifts but not practical and alot of $$$$.

I use a forklift now but was interested in any alternatives.

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think a forklift is the best way to go. We use ours occasionally, but usually use an engine hoist with air powered lifting ram.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Jungle Jack junglejims.com I think?

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

You got it. No reason to lift the whole machine, just need to access the underside of hte deck. :cool:

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just got an engine hoist. Works great. Just run a cable through the deck, hook it to the hoist, and up the deck goes. I saw more of the underside of my lazer's deck than I'd ever seen before. Pep boys has em I think for about $120. I got one online that holds 2 tons, so it shouldn't be a safety problem. I imagine that with a load leveler (cheap) you could lift the whole dang mower. It also comes in handy for lifting the rear end if you're doing oil changes or repairs there.

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of "movers" will you be lifting?

I'm using a chain hoist now. It's the best so far. I've used floor lifts, engine hoists, and air lifts, and a chain hoist is the way to go.

7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Chain falls is what I use but a come-along would work just as well it would only be a bit slower in operation. Don't forget to use safety jacks under the machine whatever lifting device you use.

BobR

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

9. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Toro, so I use the Z-stand on it. I just take it to the end of the driveway, prop up the mower on the Z-stand and powerwash. Its very easy and fast.