any ideas on this echo item

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

Ive been researching the same thing, I checked with Stihl and the price is about $150 more, I think im going with echo, it sure beats buying each individual product.
    :cool:

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one last fall and I think its great. I stopped buying ECHO for a while and when I saw this I snatched one up. They are great to have and very conveinent.

4. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

go with the bigger of the two, (260). I have a pe 230 that is an edger with thats smaller engine, the thing just doesnt have the power to cut through alot of things.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Have had the PAS-260 for 4 years and have only had one problem, drive cable spun an end but the lifetime guarantee took care of that with a trip back to the dealer. Great product.

BobR

6. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

I use mine as a edger and a backup trimmer. The articulating hedge trimmer is nice too. Hey if you can't get a discount at your local dealer due to not being a "big boy", go to Home Depot and special order it. I opened a charge account there and they gave me 10% off plus 12 months no financing. This way you can pay for it after you make all the money. Depot's price was the list price out of the echo book. Talk to the guys at the Pro Desk

7. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I have the 260 and the ONLY thing I don't like about it is the low torque when used as a string trimmer. You have to really get the motor up-to-speed before hitting a single blade of grass. As for an edger I love it and keep that attachment on most of the time. I'm satisfied with the unit.

8. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

I wouldn't buy any equipment from Home Depot or any other discount store! Why the heck would you recommend that??!! Maybe your customers could save a few bucks by going with a local scrub or a large national landscape chain??

I want the support of a good servicing dealer behind me when I need parts and service etc.

The PAS units from Echo work great but do go with the PAS 260 for the extra power!

9. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Low torque? You must have some issue with your unit. The PAs 260 has tons of power and torque!

10. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with getting support from the local dealer,and buying my equipment from there, but Home Depot pretty much has a no questions asked return policy. If it breaks during warranty, just take it back and they will give you new one. My local dealer wants me to leave the weedwacker there for a few days while they fix it.

Lasher