Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Craftybigdog, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I have to dig out 3in of soil between the sidewalk and the road so it is 3ft wide and 430ft long. Any ideas on what would be the fastest way. I know my skidsteer is to wide and the Bobcat smallest bucket is 44in so I am open to any suggestions. Once its done I have to pu white stone in. Thanks

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Rent a mini skidsteer for a day, possibly a small tractor/loader. Or even better you might be able to find a rental baby bobcat, I don't know the model but they used to make one that would fit through school building doors(grew up doing demo work for a neighbor).

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Dingo???

4. Craftybigdog

Do the dingos have a 36in bucket?

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

go at the soil sideways and scoop it out .

6. Craftybigdog

Yeah that is probably what I will do thanks for the input!

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah really, just backblade the dirt into the street and scrape the road. Either that or check into a dingo. I'm not exactly sure on the bucket sizes on them though. :)

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

mini ex? if you haven't used one i wouldn't suggest trying it to dig only 3"..............all else you could just till and scoop or even use a sod cutter to cut the soil