Any incentives for businesses to go green?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, May 15, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know where I might go to find any incentives from the government for a business to go Green with their lawn care, implementing sustainable practices? I have been looking everywhere and it all seems to be geared toward construction of buildings, not lots.

I guess we haven't made enough fuss about your lawn being sustainable like the construction realm has.

2. Organic a go go

Organic a go go LawnSite Member

To my knowledge there aren't any guv incentives for green lawn care but to my mind we don't really need it. I think most companies would gladly post a sign on their property letting the general public know that their grounds are maintained without the use of synthetic chemicals. Free warm and fuzzies. Who knows...if you offer to pay for the sign maybe they even let you put your company logo on it.

3. DeepGreenLawn

they would be a lot more happy to go with it if they could make some of their money back though. If you tell me that the govt will give me x amount of money for doing something as simple as switching my lawn care company then you go ahead and sign me up.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

We are working on the details for carbon credits to lawn care companies for sequestered C. There is A LOT of legaleese that is going on about this in state and federal governments

At current rates, from what I know right now, the payment is $110.00 per 0.10% C sequestered per acre. There are many details, many, many details to be finished.

Weyerhauser is the tipping point case for forests planted and who gets the money

that is a very good question though, there are some very smart people here that will chime in I would think

5. DeepGreenLawn

I also wander if there is a loop hole in the construction phase of the whole go green and get rebate thing. You know? You build a green house and your eligible for a grant or something like that? I wander if there is a way we can get in there whether it be planting new sod, seed, etc. It would probably have to be with installation mainly and not maintenance for the loop hole to work.

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

here look at this, there are some others that have lawn practices drawn in. i cant find them now, but yes its at the developer stage now

Attached Files:

7. DeepGreenLawn

looks like a start, I wander what kind of requiriments we would have to meet to get credits for proper lawn care.

Such as:

- Use of traditional chemicals lowered to 10% of total products used in a given year
    - OM raised to a certain level in a given time period
    -

yall help me out some

8. treegal1

just me , sounds like you need a lawyer, thats what i do when i need legal advise or want to get a law made/changed/bent, to fit my agenda.

9. DeepGreenLawn

yeah, I was just hypothesizing, I don't have time to get into all that right now, maybe in a month or so or during the winter, I also need to do a lot more research before I go there.

May even hire someone like yourself to be an adviser, I am not nearly as well versed on this stuff as you are.

10. treegal1

maybe you should hire my att, he is the one that makes me seem well versed. 7 years of legalese training will do that for you.