1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any inexpensive liability insurance in Florida?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bridgette, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Bridgette

Bridgette LawnSite Member

Great site! Just getting started on a very small scale and I was wondering if anyone has found a good deal on a small general liability policy in FLorida.

2. slammerjax

slammerjax LawnSite Member

Go to some independent insurance agents.

I pay $729 per year for $1 million.
  3. edgeman2003

edgeman2003 LawnSite Member
    from md

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just found out that all Nationwide agents are allowed to sell independantly. They can each have different companies they represent with different rates. I would start there.
  5. Bridgette

I found a company (Locklin Insurance) that was able to do 300K for me and 300K for my husband for a total of 600K aggregate for $469.00 a year. Seems as though Florida is pretty high, as this was the cheapest I could find by over $200. The insurance is through Old Dominion out of Va.
  6. southernturfguy

southernturfguy LawnSite Member

Old Dominion is good and they write in Florida also try to find an Auto Owners agent as they both have good rates and are very reputable companies.
    1 mil approx $650 or 500,000 for approx $502 per year.
    Don't waste your time with nationwide agents as they are new to the independent agent business and have very limited amount of companies.
    Go straight to an independent agent that has experience in this field.
    For a start up company 500k limits should be enough.
    Good luck.
  7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3mil aggregate with Auto-owners for $479/yr, If it isn't too late I can email you my agents info and he can write your policy here in FL. That is just too much for you to be paying for lawn service liability with WAY WAY WAY TOO LITTLE coverage!
  8. Bridgette

Send what you have, if I can cancel and go with someone cheaper I will. We called 50 companys and that was the cheapest. If you can help save me money and get way more coverage sounds like a deal to me.
  9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

email me at bnblawns@gmail.com since I cannot private message you yet. You don't have enough posts or something. I need your email to email you.....
  10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

can you send me that info also thanks