1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any Info on Cub cadet Commercial Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matt@jlfarm.com, Feb 26, 2005.

1. matt@jlfarm.com

matt@jlfarm.com LawnSite Member

Is it worth looking into a (MTD) Commercial Product?
  2. PrecisionYardworks

PrecisionYardworks LawnSite Member

hey . i have cub comm hedge trimmers and a wb and i love them i have not any problems so far and i have put the mower through a lot of abuse and it still guts excellent and runs good. great on gas and easy to service
  3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are thinking of MTD stuff and you want good price. Check Lesco mowers. Same as Cub. Made by MTD
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I have a 25 cc cub commercial trimmer that I got at Lowe's for $200 and it works great. This will be its third year with no problems and no end in sight. Its still just like brand new and it has a lot of power and i'm happy with it, espicially for what i gave for it. I honestly don't know where else you would find a trimmer this good for $200.

About the ztr's. I have heard a lot of people say they are very good mowers and they like them a lot. I've looked at them a couple times and they are built very good and they have some good features and are not expensive. You could save a lot of money buying one of these over a major brand like Exmark or Scag. If you do a search there is tons of info on these mowers. They are the same as the lesco's so you could do a search for them as well and come up with a lot.
  5. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Decent middle of the road stuff IMHO....

There are a lot better mowers out there though for a little more money.....especially when it comes to quality of cut.

Dealer support is lacking in my area as well for Cub as they don't seem to understand the commercial customer in terms of service and parts support..
  6. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

No problems with my Cub equipment.
    Can't beat the quality of cut. Stripes nice.
    Hand held equipment is all top notch.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

they are not a not bad solid piece of equipment, I use Cub. The bad thing that I have noticed about them is they go through bushings fast
  8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Cub has a Commercial Parts Availability Guarantee. Keeping your business running smoothly is our top priority. If your participating dealer does not have the part you need in stock we guarentee that we'll ship it to him the same day. That came straight from Cub'sbprofessional turf equipment catalog.
  9. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have just checked on the cubs and the lesco they are practically identical. The cub 48 was $6300 and the lesco was $5600 for the rider if you have a lesco dealer in you area i would seriously check them out. I have brochures on both and they are almost a match.
  10. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I demoed the cub tank and loved it but the only reason i had to go with something else is that the only bagging system they had was a hopper type and i cannot use that. :waving: