Any info on the JD "Stand-On" ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I noticed another picture (2 actually) of this new "stander" in the new issue of Landscape Mgmt. BUt there is still little info on this baby. I went to their website and found nothing. I also noticed their hype on "7" gauge iron decks. (probably because they previously had some soft looking stamped decks)

Anyway, I'd like any info you may have...looks like a nicer version of the Wright. I say that because it has a floating, easily adjustable deck. (which is the only thing I don't like about Wright)

2. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

a think wrights sentar is a floating deck.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I saw they new JD at the NJLCA show last week, it's pretty much a green GD super surfer with a Jd deck, looks pretty good though.

4. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Morning Guardian,

Last week I posted a thread on the standing JD. Went to an Open House at my JD dealership alst Thurs. Tested the proto-type briefly. It will go over curbs easily and the deck can be adjusted just a quickly.

A couple of reasons I did not wait before I bought my Wright Stander is that it is due to be out of production and at the dealerships by early May. Cannot wait that long.

I did not fit on it as well as the WS. I'm 6'4" and was a little 'stooped' when on it. The WS was perfect- allowed me to stand straight. Also, I was not completely convinced this was not just a reworked Great Dane. It did not have a solid, firm feel that the WS did.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

5. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Just went t a JD dealer last week. JD bought Great Dane out. The JD stander is a Dane with a JD 7 gauge steel deck. Interesting to see how well this will work out................

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

When I talked to my JD dealer he told me that this unit had a floating deck not a solid deck like the old dane surfer. Does anyone know if thats true ?

7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Everything else seems to be what I suspected as well.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

8. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Thanks Sheppard + others-

I really liked the Wright Stander I used last summer, but wanted a floating deck. Somehow, I have not connected with the sentar, so thats why this JD has my attention.

I guess I'll just wait and see in MAY how it feels!