Any Iowa Guys going to GIE In Kentucky

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by ExecutiveLawns, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns LawnSite Member

I went to to GIE last year and it was a blast. The guy that went with me last year cant go this year(his wife wont let him go). So i am looking to see if there is anyone from the Des Moines, Iowa area that may want to tag along. We can take one of my vehicles and I can arrange the tickets for the expo and the hotel.

P/M me if you are interested.

2. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

i am from west des moines. i cant go i am 15 and have school. take pictures. i want to hear about the exmark vantage. do you work by kings valley?

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

From SE Minnesota and I would like to go this year, but will see if it happens. Pretty far to drive, but don't necessarily want to pay airfare either.

DA

4. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I'm going! Booth 9158.
    But, I am all packed full of displays and demos and leave 2:00 a.m. on Weds....Norm

5. ExecutiveLawns

let me know if you would like to make the trip. Last year it cost us like $400 each and that included 3 nights in a hotel and fuel round trip. This year I think it would be less because 1) fuel is less this year and 2)I bought a new dodge ram with the 6.7l cummins in it an it gets like 22-24 mpg on the highway.
    The trip last year took around 10 hours from Des Moines and we jsut switched off drivers on the way. You would of course have to make the trip from rochester yourself though. I think thats only 3 hours(I have a good buddy that lives there)

Let me know what you think.

Also there is room in my truck for 4 so that would make the fuel part cheaper per person

6. ExecutiveLawns

Anyone out there going?

7. johnc8407

johnc8407 LawnSite Member
    from AR

What is GIE?

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be there but I am from Kansas!!!

9. ExecutiveLawns

Green Industry Expo
    Its the largest lawn care expo in the US

10. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

what is the dates?

I am from the minnesota twin cities area. It would be 2.5 hours to 3 hours to demoines for me.