Any Jims Mowing Franchises here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heyfishguy, Jun 24, 2005.

1. heyfishguy

heyfishguy LawnSite Member

Hi I am in the process of buying a Jims Mowing franchise here on the west coast of Canada, and was wondering if their were any other Jims mowing franchisees that frequent this site?

Thanks

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me give you a piece of advice: Don't buy a franchise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't go into details of my experience but here is some things you need to know.

1. Unless the franchise ALREADY has GOOD NATIONAL brandname recognition, don't buy it. Period. Don't make excuses, don't think of "what if?", just don't do it.
    2. There is MORE information on this website than you will EVER get from a franchise manual.
    3. You can buy COMPLETE guides to building and running a landscape business off the internet for dirt cheap.
    4. Artwork? logos? ad layouts? advertising campaigns? website design? You can find it ALL on the internet for dirt cheap (less than $500 total) www.guru.com is a good resource for finding people to do your stuff, I had mine done there. It was easy, quick, and cheap.
    5. If you can build a SUCCESSFUL franchise you can build your own business. No problem.
    6. When you buy a franchise YOU DO NOT own your business!!!!! It's the essence of the franchise business model.
    7. Ongoing support? Oh please, give me a break. If you're smart enough to make some piece of crap franchise work when they rape 5-10%+ of GROSS sales from you, I'm sure you can figure out how to collect that $50 check that was returned to you from a customer, or that "gee, employees just don't work very hard do they?" I'll tell you "nope" just send me that 5-10% gross every week LOL What my phone number?

Just don't do it. I guarantee you will regret it.

Don't eat yellow snow and don't buy a franchise.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Where is that fella from NZ? I remember reading his posts. I think down there, a franchise was good for him.