Any Kawasaki FX921V owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Did a search and did not find much on this engine. Just curious how it has treated other users? Also curious on fuel consumption? I cut my lawn and 1 customers so far (about 1 hour and 15 minutes worth) and it has used a half a tank! That seems crazy to me. I know the engine is brand new and is breaking in so I hope it loosens up some and starts getting better fuel consumption. :dizzy:

2. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

You probably would get better fuel consumption if you pulled the tunnel ram with the (2)650's off of it and put the stock carb back on:waving:

3. ProStreetCamaro

It was actually 2 450's. That setup is long gone. I took that video to show people how it ran with the heads, cam and intake to make it easier to sell the parts. This is what it has now. :usflag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is a Magnuson MP122 supercharger and the heads are the new hot lick Pro-Filer heads. The cam is now a NX288-HR hydraulic roller.

4. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

Last I checked I'm getting 1.6 GPH
    bobcat 61" w/ 100hrs on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! Any video where we can hear it run? I LOVES me some hot rods!!!!! Man.........that looks good! Do they make a "drool" icon? :drinkup:

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Me loves forced induction!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 24 horse on a 48" Vride and it drinks gas like a lawn guy drinks water on a hot day, I suspect it would do much better without mulch kit installed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ProStreetCamaro

This was just before I did all the work to it.

http://youtu.be/9_ILoi02cTA?hd=1

This was right after while I was still tuning the carb. I was still putting the car back together so ignore the missing grill and bumper and all the mangled wiring inside the car.

http://youtu.be/qzlUSrMBX_M?hd=1

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

My customers tell me this engine and the 1000 use 2GPH in the thick spring grass.

10. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you put a "Fat man bar" in your cage where you cut out the driver's side bar?? If so, how do you like it?? I have hip problems and need to do something with the cage in my car to make it easier to get in and out.