Any large LCO's ....300 to 500+ accts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by phillingtime, May 18, 2005.

1. phillingtime

phillingtime LawnSite Member

Any large LCO's here? If so, what are your revenue streams & upsells? Advertising budget? Software used? # of personnel? Tips, tricks, and traps to market penetration and branding? Major challenges you face?
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Around 500 here.... ready for 100 hr weeks, a phone that NEVER stops, stress induced hair loss, and poor cash flow if you dont do it 100% perfect
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Total # of accounts means absolutely nothing to square footage we mow each week and how much $$$ I get to keep at the end of the month is what I'm interested in. Period
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Me too, but I take care of about 135 acres aweek, when the goings good.
  5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly, right now I couldnt imagine having that many accounts. I went from 52 properties last year to 95 this year and it has been totally crazy. I am so strapped for time, I'm getting nothing done that isnt work related, I'm stressed to the max, it's gotten to the point that I dont even answer my phone anymore which rings non stop. Of course if people leave a message I return the call telling them I'm booked. On top of the huge growth this year I'm dealing with being an employer which is new to me. I used to be gun-ho about lining up as much work as possible but this stress is killing me.
  6. terryzrx1200

terryzrx1200 LawnSite Member

Delegate the stress by hiring a Foreman you can trust and let him handle that. Any crews working let him keep track of what get's done. The more jobs, the more money I see. STRESS NOT. Hirer help. Later Terry
  7. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Fortune 1000k company..D&B rated..need I say any more ? :p

8. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i have a buddy, who is also a competitor. he calls me from time to time, he always asks, "so how many lawns you guys servicing?"

i ask him if he would be impressed if i said we service 5000 lawns?
    he says, "yeah, that would impress me!"

then i ask, but what if we only grossed $5000 for those 5000 lawns, now you impressed?

he says, "of course not!"

so, what if we only serviced 50 lawns, now you impressed?

"no, not really."

what if i said we gross $500,000. on those 50 lawns, impressed now??

fact is, we service around 1200 lawns (no mowing, fert only)
  9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

same here
    we have several accounts that are $100K/year plus.
    how many "accounts" would you consider those???