1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any last minute advice, suggestions, etc.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Brad Davis, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Brad Davis

Brad Davis LawnSite Member

I have nearly decided to buy some accounts from another LCO. After reading a lot of posts here, I feel very comfortable with the transaction so far. The guy I am buying the accounts from has been great to deal with and has not given me any reason to be wary at all. We are going tomorrow and Wednesday to meet each of the customers and explain what is going on and he has even agreed to go with me to each home the first time I service them in order to show me each customers likes/dislikes. We are going to have an attorney finalize the sale and I just wanted to know if you guys have any templates or other examples of documentation which will save us a little money in Attorney's fees. We will have a no-compete clause for sure, but what else do we need to have? Please help if you can, we are trying to get this done so I can take over on July 1. Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!!!
  2. Brad Davis

Brad Davis LawnSite Member

Any help at all, fellas?
  3. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have the bases covered
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i've bought accounts before, but i'd never do it again, its cheaper to do good work and a little advertising. however it does sound like you've got it worked out for the most part.
  5. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

hope things go well for you keep us posted on how it goes...good luck
  6. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Please post when its all said and done.
  7. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

Brad, Tell us how it is working out. How many customers did you retain?
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Brad,

Did he tell you why he was selling them?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>