any LCO's in Nebraska

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Chris S, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Chris S

Chris S LawnSite Member

looking to get in contact with any LCO's in NE. Colfax county and surrounding area.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris,
    I work in Columbus in Platte county and live just south in Butler county
    we'er almost neighbors.

3. Chris S

Chris S LawnSite Member

Hi Paul. it's good to see someone else on here from Nebraska. I got your web site last week and tried sending an email to you, but did not go through. I got your name from Craft Specialties. they said you bought a Hustler mower from them and I was wondering what you think of it.

4. PaulJ

I didn't think my web site was still up It never got finished and they were supposed to take it down.
    I think the HUstler super WB mower I have is the best WB built. Do a search on here with my name and hustler. Any questions on the Super WB and just give me a call or e-mail me pjarens@frontiernet.net

welcome to lawnsite.

5. Chris S

Chris S LawnSite Member

hey Paul thanks for the help. I've been looking on here and have not yet found a complaint about the Hustler mowers. from what i've seen of them, seem to be well built. been looking at some diff. brands too. wanted too get your input on Toro. saw ad for a used Timecutter ZX 44" w/ a 23 h.p. Kohler Command w/ bagger for 3,000 said he figures to have about 300hrs. on the motor maybe 1,000hrs. on mower. does this sound like a fair price? thanks for any input.

6. PaulJ

I think the timecutter is toro's homeowner line but I'm not sure. I am not a fan of stamped decks for commercial mowers so I have stayed away from those. I look for a deep welded deck with lots of room above the blades for the grass to get out. I also like high HP for deck size, and large tires for a smoother ride. that toro makes me wonder why the motor had to be r4eplaced at only 700hrs.

7. Chris S

Chris S LawnSite Member

hey Paul, decided against this purchase, I was wondering the same thing about the motor being replaced either a lemon from the factory or this guy was hard on the mower. I agree about the stamped decks, my craftsman has one and don't like it. been looking at an Ariens they have here in town it's still a homeowner model, but has the fabricated, deep deck. planning on taking it for demo next week, probably Monday if it isn't raining. never thought of buying an Ariens before till saw they had them here in town, would like to get one locally.

8. bhforty3

bhforty3 LawnSite Member

Hi chris and Paul, great to see postings from Big Red County. I own a lawn co in douglas county Neb.Omaha area.

9. Chris S

Chris S LawnSite Member

hello bhforty3, haven't been on here for quite some time. good to see others lco's on here from NE. new to the business this being 3 rd. year.

10. Omaha Lawnguy

Omaha Lawnguy LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys made it out to the home and garden show at the Qwest Center yet? I'm planning to go tomorrow afternoon. Anyone got a display there?