Any LCOs use Marty J s?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cblackwe, Mar 6, 2003.

1. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anybody uses them commercially? Shopping around and they have come highly recommended as an "out-front" option. If you use them do you have the chain drive or the hydro? Just searching for info.

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

3. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a company in town that like it's first one, so bought a second one. So YES, i have heard of them. They seem to be solid machines, kinda no frills.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Have demoed them but did not buy. Really liked the mower and it seemed well built. Reason I did not buy is that,(in my opinion), they are underpowered. Biggest engine avail. is 22hp. That is marginal for the 60" deck, and way to small for the 72" deck. If you buy one, go with the full hydro. drive system. Any chain-drive system is a maint. headache, no matter how well it is designed.:)

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anyone post a link or a pic?????...i'd like to see this machine. I have never heard of it...thought i had at least heard of them all...ya learn something new everyday on Lawnsite. :jester:

6. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

I tried to post the website link the other day and it didn't work, but here goes again: www.marty-j.com

Hope that it works this time.