1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any luck with part time help?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by iforgotmybackpack, Mar 11, 2014.

1. iforgotmybackpack

iforgotmybackpack LawnSite Member

I'm heading into my 3rd season and currently stuck in a situation that I need some advice with. I've been doing things solo so far but this year I've hit the point where I have too much work for myself to do alone but not enough to provide an employee with 40 hrs. I'm hoping that I can get some advice on how to cross this hurdle. Should I try finding a part time employee and guaranteeing at least 25-30 hrs or what about going the staffing agency route? Any advice will be a great help. Thanks in advance!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Maybe let go a few of your lower paying customers and remain solo, unless your planning to grow bigger. Then you'll have to bite the bullet and hope you can pick up more work to keep him busy. If he isn't working a full week, you'll be basically paying him the extra your earning on the accounts you can't do yourself. Plus side is, you wont have to work as hard. Tough to find good help, even tougher finding good part time help.