Any market for smaller (12yd) containers/dumpsters?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Jacob, I am not really sure what the market is down your way, so I can't answer that for ya. I think that is a pretty decent price for that type of setup, used containers usually go for about 2k around here, those might go for a little less because of the limited market for them. The only issue I would be concerned about with that is the empty weight. My empty hook lift containers weight about 3k a pop. Not sure what the trailer weighs but you could overload your self in a hurry with that type of setup. That may be a good style set up if you are just looking for some cash flow in the slow months.

2. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone know of any any manufacturers looking for a cheaper options
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thought I would bring this thread back to life. Me and my brother have decided to go in 50/50 and start another company doing the mini rolloffs.

We are looking at the package by Texas Pride trailers.

7' x 12' 14k gvw gooseneck rolloff trailer w/ 5x 11yd dumpsters.

I plan

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to touch base with all the home builders I've done work for, landscapers and the equipment rental places that cater to small contractors and homeowners.

image.jpg

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

treemover likes this.
  7. honda55

honda55 LawnSite Member

I think there is definitely a market. Interesting to see how it works out. Keep us posted. I want a hook lift in the worst way

8. JR_L

JR_L LawnSite Member

Any idea what the going rate for dumpsters are in your area? What are landfill dump fees like? Just curious.

Those would be nice to have for your clearing and demo jobs!

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I think we paid $450 for a 12 yard can last year. Around here they're really expensive

10. honda55

honda55 LawnSite Member

Plus landfill costs? Here they go 250-300 with one ton free plus $80 per additional ton