1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any mathematicians? Universal and simple estimating multipliers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrendonTW, Jan 7, 2011.

1. delivron

delivron LawnSite Member

Your numbers are amazing you are working the guys about 40 weeks per year per employee. Considering you have 4 months of winter those are great numbers!!
    I assume you work about 50 weeks per year.
  2. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

I like your post about measuring everything off. The more I think about it the more I think. My question is big companies like Brickman, Valley Crest, and US Lawns which I have all seen in my area measure off everything like linear feet edged or trimmed and total square feet of lawn mowed? I can only imagine it takes some time but just from reading this and thinking about it, it looks 100 times more professional. Showing these numbers on a bid to a potential client would make them feel more confident with your bid and services. I cut about 95% residential but would like to get into some smaller commercial properties. This information will definitely be useful in the near future placing bids on residential or commercial customers.
  3. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

Love your number and how you have everything down to the last .01 cent. Question for you about it. You say you go by you total gross income. Previous years your were at 494K okay. How does this number help you bid on properties the next year. Last season say you were at $60/hour. So next season you are going to go off of this number plus or minus added or lowered expenses when bidding properties. Hope this does not sound dumb to you just want to make sure I understood it correctly.
  4. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

XLS and BrendonTW,

How did either of you guys calculate these numbers? Tye out the math formula on here. At $65/ hour that is $16.25 per 15 minutes. With only 14 minutes mow time both of you were over $17. not sure if I am missing something here or if the numbers include the call out fee(35)? Just a little miss led here.
  5. bice14

bice14 LawnSite Member

6. BrendonTW

BrendonTW LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Oklahoma City

No, I got slowed down working on it. I will as soon as I'm done. Thanks for checking!