ANY MECHANICAL QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ztrmower, Jan 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

If any of you guys have any mower repair questions i am more than happy to help.I've been doing this for about 10 years now.Iown my own sales and service shop in Florida.I am not looking for bussiness from this just love to give a helping hand. Let me know if you all need anything<br>david<br>B and B Sales and Service,Inc

2. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

I don't need any help right now ztr but, I am ecstatic to see you on the forum. You will be a welcome addition and to be honest I hope I never have to call on you:)<br>thanks,<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY

3. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!<p>LIKE I SAID IF YOU GUYS GOT QUESTIONS I'LL ANSWER ALL THAT I CAN.<br>DAVID<br>

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Very welcome addition.<p>And NEEDED. (Lot of guys still using Kohlers!) :)<p>

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ztr...--the 14 hp kawi rope starter has a compression release on it right? I'm not sure if mine is working. It always starts on the first pull except on the rare occasion that I forget about a neutral switch or when I possibly had an ignition module go out (I think this has happened a time or two). I'm real happy with how it starts but it does take a yank. can you offer a comment on whether you think the compression release system is working and what to anticipate for costs on repairs if I decide to have it done?<p>many thanks.<p>GEO

6. tgrebis

tgrebis LawnSite Member

Just wondering if there are any good books out there for walk behind mowers. I am mechanically inclined, but sometimes I can't figure things out,especially carb and adjustment techniques.

7. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

GEO<br>YOUR KAWI HAS A COMPRESSION RELEASE BUT IT IS ON THE CAMSHAFT.I HAVE SEEN IT STICK NUMEROUS TIMES.IF YOU BOUGHT IT USED,THE OLD OWNER PROBABLY DIDN'T CHANGE THE OIL FREQUENTLY. IF YOU GOT IT NEW,COULD BE SAME PROB.ASLO TRY PULLING THE ROPE OUT TILL YOU GET TO THE COMPRESSION STROKE(WHEN IT GETS TIGHT)AND THEN LET THE ROPE IN AND GIVE HER A YANK.ALSO WHERE ARE YOU AT? UNLES ITS EXTREMELY COLD YOU SHOULD BE USING 30WT OIL.<br>LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS.<br>DAVID

8. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

tgrebis<br>THERE IS A COMPANY CALLED INTERTEC THAT MAKES PRETTY GOOD ARRAY OF GENERAL REPAIR MANUALS. THEY ARE EVEN ON THE SHELF AT MY LOCAL LIBRARY.THEY WOULD BE A PRETTY GOOD BET.GOOD LUCK!<br>DAVID

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ztr...--thanks for the info. I am in east TN (GO VOLS!) and it's real cold here. I've been doing what you suggest with the rope and compression stroke and there is usually never a problem with startup. I use 30W in it all the time. I don't use it in the cold but I do start it from time to time on the warmer days. thanks again.<p>GEO

10. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have a 48&quot; snapper Pro walkbehind, that does not like to go backward.Have tried tightening belts but no help.unit is brand new,but don't want to take to dealer,(he has a bad attitude),any ideas??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.