Any negative comments about the Quick 36?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Jun 6, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

All I hear is positive stuff about the Quick 36 line. Is there anyone out there that has had a bad experience with one and/or DOESN"T recommend them? Also, are all 3 models good for commercial use or just the samurai or mid line unit? I'd like to get a scag but they are about $1,000 more than an entry level quick. Also about 100-200 lbs heavier at like 470 lbs right? THat's one thing I like about the Quick is that it looks like I could maneuver it easier and get into my truck bed better. I'm about 142 lbs. I'm strong, but dang, 470 lbs is a lot to handle isn't it? But then what about service? ANd how long has this "Better" been in biz?

2. Your Lawn First

Your Lawn First LawnSite Member

sorry bud can't help you on this one all I use is Exmark and Echo

3. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Yeh asked this question once, and everyone always has good things to say. It really is an awsome machine, and an awsome price. The only thing that you MIGHT says is negative is they dont have the control of a dual hydro, but with the weight they are very easy to handle. Also its more difficult to demo one. I think Gary might be able to set it up for you with someone who has already purchased one. I say buy it :eek:

4. irishsoul

irishsoul LawnSite Member
    from georgia

What other products on this site do you actually have to ask for negative comments about? I doubt seriously that you'll get any! As far as service after the sale the folks at Better are second to none! They've been in business long enough to produce a superior product for a superior price with superior support --- That's long enough for me. Just buy the darn thing. Or pay more for a dual hydro if thats what you think you need --- you don't though!

5. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

It will eventually run out of gas.

Sorry, I cannot think of anything else. My next mower will be another SAM 36" or 44". It is awesome, period.

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I bought a Toro 36" with the plan to go up ramps into a truck but it was way too scary AND dangerous. I had to buy a trailer. You also have to imagine what you would do if it stopped working, my trailer is only 16" high so it is possible (I think) to push it up but never onto a truck.

I guess you could buy those buddy ramps but I wouldn't recommend normal ramps.

7. flathead

flathead LawnSite Member

I don't own one but have used one when my main mower was down. I really liked it and will probably buy a Quick 44 when my TTHP finally gives up.

8. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a quick 36 at a Scag dealer. It was in for service. It looks very tiny. Which could be a good thing and easy to put 1 or even 2 probably in an 8ft bed. However, it looks so small like it's not built to last like a scag perhaps. I can't say for sure cause I've never owned either. But $2,000 isn't cheap for a machine and I can't just buy one. I must make an as informed decision as possible.

9. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Hi, I see you are from Indianapolis also. There is someone else that owns a Quick from Indianapolis, I just can't think of his name. I remember talking to him on here sometime last year, he seemed helpful. Perhaps he will read this and the both of you can get together.

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Negatives?

Single hydro(this is more personal preference than a real negative).

Not built as "heavy" as some of the other commercial walk behinds.

About all I can think of...