Any new Collection systems for ZTR in the works?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by CharlieBingo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I already own and very much like Hustler mowers. I'm looking at a another Super Z 60in. or maybe a 72in. My problem is how can I seriously use a 72in deck with a 9 bushel capacity collection system(Bac-Vac). I like my dealer a lot and would like something that dumps from the seat. I try to avoid after market systems. Throw me a bone!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of any new catcher systems in the immediate near future at this time.

3. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

I've got a 60" running the BV and its really impressive. Generally while cutting heavy spring growth of fescue I'll dump 3 to 4 loads of grass per acre. If it were 12 bushels it would probably save me one dump per acre. As it gets dryer in the summer the load reduces by about 1/3 to 1/2. The benefits I see are the smaller size being great for portability, clearance under and backing up to objects, awesome dump-from-the-seat ability, and less weight on the turf. Pecos and others that I have tried (on Toros and Ex's) were either up too high &/or too far out back. For me the pros far outweigh the cons. None of my properties are over 2 acres though and w/ the 72 you may be cutting much larger properties.

BTW the speed of the Super Z sure makes travel time to the dumpsite quick!!!