Any new field test info re Toro 588E's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Just chasing any new info on the Toro 580 series that haven't been out very long...

I now several members here bought them months ago, now the off season, any new reports guys?
    Pros, cons?

( please don't give me threads to chase about old info, I'm after new updated reports thanks)

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Just for the fun of it, which do you rate the better mower all round, Toro 588E or the Hustler Super Z?

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 60" Hustler Z. Guess what my next mower will be. A Hustler of some kind, for sure.

3. What is it? That's 88 more digits than I've seen. And what's the "E" designation?
    I'm guessing the 28hp w/electronic fuel injection?

Dave

4. Tonyr

Sorry Dave, should of posted the link.
    http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/zmaster/z580/74255.html

They were talked about when they first went on sale not that long ago (2003 mowing season), but I haven't heard talk from owners now that they have had them for some time. They sounded great at the time...

Tony.

5. Tony,
    The Toro site only shows the 500 series and the 580 series. I thought you had nomenclature not published here.
    I'm watching threads about these new ZRT's (as Toro calls 'em) as well.
    I hope you get some good replies. It's the end of the season here. Maybe you should get one and test it all "winter" (Dec-Mar) and let us now next "spring" in April.:D

Dave

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Dave and others, the link Tony gave IS for the 588E

Z588E - Powerful 28 HP electronic fuel injection Kohler® Command PRO™ engine provides maximum productivity with 10 mph forward ground speed, increased fuel efficiency (15-20% savings) and increased engine torque (10-15%). Includes high volume 60" TURBO FORCE™ deck and exclusive Toro Z Stand®

7. OK OK Isee it now..down at the bottom. Sorry.

Dave

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,

One thing I HATE about TORO,......

Their CLUMSY, hard to navigate WEBSITE.

They deserve much better online representation.

They should go with whoever designed Exmarks.

Easy to navigate, more information, straightforward.

9. Tonyr

I agree, their website was designed by someone not too great in marketing, finding the product from a little link on the front page is a trick then sorting through until you get the 580's, one day the 580's didn't even load, vanished, they must of been trying to clear out more of the older models for a bit...

Don't you love the pics when you click to enlarge they are still too small to get a clear view? They should be 3/4 page, maybe even a multi angled view like the Kubota ZD28, that is a lot better, I don't know what is the thought behind the Toro site though, J.D is similar in many ways which is a pain too.

Dave, I'd love to get one, I demo one in 2 weeks I think, but we are in a drought, like you are in winter, neither of us has a lot to cut right now, after demoing the Hustler Super Z , the Toro would need to be one very clever machine to beat it in quality of cut. Our wet season should start soon if we even get one, then one of these machines wil be employed for sure.

Tony.