Any New Holland EXPERTS OUT THERE? Wierd Problems

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Pondman, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Pondman

Pondman LawnSite Member

O.K.- I have an LS 180. I have no control panel features when i sit in seat. All fuses are good, both seat switches are good. When I turn key to 1st position i get beep- no control panel lights. When I turn to start position- it starts and shuts down as soon as i let go of key.

HOWEVER- WHEN I LET GO OF KEY THE STARTER IS STILL TURNING THE ENGINE OVER, EVEN FOR A FEW SECONDS AFTER I TURN THE KEY TO OFF POSITION!

I can start in service mode. What gives? Starter relay?????????????

HELP,
    JOE

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Check to see if you axuilery pedal or handle itn't locked down.If it is ,it will start and die .

I had a long post but was to long typing and it timed out lost the posted .Said refresh and log in poof !!!!!!!! lost post.That my fault, to slow a typer.

At least make sure it isn't locked down because will be trying to pump hydraulic oil with out attachment and motor will die.Mine blows the fuse somethings ,but yours might just be that the start runs for awhile.

Good luck

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

I'll try this again.I'm not a New Holland expert first off,so bare with me.

You may have two different problems.It could also be your starter.The bendix isn't kicking out when it starts so that could be why it keeps turning after you let off key,because it is stuck in the flywheel until it finally releases or the engine dies.Bad starter ,but service lights should come on,unless the short is in the wiring harness in the service panel.Not sure how your system is setup.

Like in the first post i do know mine will start then bog and die if the hydraulic pedal is locked down and throttle set at idle, without attachment.Starter doesn't keep running tho.

There might be a wire to the starter that has rubbered bare and shorting out again the frame or some place else,service panel.Might not be the one directly to battery.

If it was, it would run your battery down,but one from the starter relay and only does it when you try to start it,because it isn't hot until when you try starting.

Panel lights might not work because of the first post.It's hard to tell with all the safey stuff on the new machines what happens when you get a shot in the system.Everything seems to be tired togather.To many hoops to jump through.

Might check these things out also.Hope it helps.Good luck!

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

we had a problem that sounds like it's similar to yours, the machine would start, run for about 5-15 seconds and then die. If I remember correctly it was some kind of solenoid or relay. I wish I could remember what my mechanic said it was but i can't.:confused: