Any new info on the Z-Wing cub cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plateau lawn care, Jan 25, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Has anyone got any new info on the new cub Z wing I noticed on the web site the tank had what they called modular transmission, and the z wing has a white
    transmission. Anyone know the diffrence. They are still both classified as cooercial but the z wing is cheaper

2. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

I think what they mean by "modular" is that is has a pump and a hydraulic motor as individual pieces rather than it being in one housing like the IZT that the smaller mowers use. The IZT is not typically used for a commercial grade machine. The Z-Wing uses motors by White Hydraulics and pumps by Hydro Gear. It is still a "modular" design. Just Cub Cadet chose to print the names of the manufacturers.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

There's been a few threads on here about this recently. Do a search on z wing and you'll find them.

4. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

Bumping this back to the top.

Has anyone had a chance to test one of these out? Any first hand info?
    Thanks,
    -Ngog

:cool2:

5. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

Oh come on, people? All the interest in a mower that can get through gates and no one has taken one of these for a test?

Do not make me do this. Do not make me drive a long distance and waste a day on this.

Bueller? Bueller?

Bueller?

:waving:

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer got one in today, he called me. As soon as the snow stops, I'm going to take a lookie. He claims he the first around to have one. After doing a lot of thinking about it, though, I'm not sure that that mower is really the one I need. I've got my share of gated lawns to do, but really not that many that a riding mower would really work in. I'm kinda partial to a stander or even a sentar, myself. We shall see.