Any News on 2009 lawnboy/toro 21" unit?

Discussion in 'Toro' started by joed, Jul 12, 2009.

1. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Bare Spot -

The TE designation represents an international model - not available for sale domestically. These units must meet CE standards for noise, guarding, decals, etc.

-The Toro Company

2. Dan_DeSantis

Dan_DeSantis LawnSite Member

I miss the old lawn boys, it is really a shame that there is no real side discharge commercial 21 anymore that hole in the side gets blocked up quickly in wet grass. Even my 21 proline performs very poorly in wet grass! for 1300$ I need a machine that works in all conditions.

When its wet out the proline stays on the truck and this machine goes to work! http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=321059

3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent point Dan. The old lawnboys (staggered wheel) are excellent. I have a 2006 model with the briggs engine on it and it is one of the best mowers I have. Side discharge is terrific. Even when the grass is wet and tall, it shoots it out, sometimes in clumps but a second pass takes care of all of it. I won't part with this unit for a long time. If you look at craiglist.ca or kijji.ca, you might be able to find some decent used ones.

4. balreadysaid

balreadysaid LawnSite Senior Member

i just ordered a toro 22155. but i didnt know it wont come with the bagger lol i guess ill be ordering more tomorow. i bought it just a push thats what i have had most my life and after i read they walkk to slow anyway i figure screw it it will be lighter this way anyhow, i pick them off the side of my trailer anyway so i dont need to start my bigger moweers up and screw arround. anyone have anything to say about it id like to hear!:drinkup: