Any news on the new Stihl BR600 backpack?...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcplace2004, Jul 30, 2005.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I know it is new and I am waiting until I hear something on it...has anyone had a chance to try it out in detail...I know leaf season is still around the corner, but there is still big debris out there at times that needs a big blower...Let me tell you though, I absolutely like my is a monster of a handheld at 459 cfm at the tube...I always use the big tube on it, not the narrow one...I am amazed at the power the thing has...redmax puts out a good handheld also...I am still trying to decide between redmax and stihl (the new 600) on the backpacks...Now, they say it is 712 at the tube, but I understand that there are many variables and standards that can be different from one company to the other on a product...
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased the new BR600 three weeks ago. Everything seems to be okay, thusfar. Very powerful.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm grtting on to replace my 650. i just got a 4mix weed wacker and i love it.
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be replacing a BR400 with the 600, when the leaves start to Fall.
  5. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

Traded in my new 550 on for the 600. Just as I suspected, Love It! Tons of power.

6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the Redmax EBZ8000 and love it. The Stihl BR600 was not out when I bought the Redmax but I am sure it is good. Try both out and see which one is better. What I don't understand about the air volume of the BR600 is how the 64.8 cc engine on it can produce 712 cfm at the pipe whereas the 72 cc engine on the Redmax produces 688 cfm at the pipe. How can a smaller engine produce more air volume? Can anyone help?
  7. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

the standards of testing cfm are different amongst the various companies...I just like Stihl and hope to get the blower once I have had a chance to hear more on its power...the redmax dealer here is pathetic--sales and service...they push echo anyway, and I will never buy another echo...I traded in an echo for my stihl trimmer and love the trimmer...I will get an fs250 in the future for brush work...later...
  8. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

So are they just giving us new blowers to satisfy the recall.. If so did they let you upgrade from the 550 to the 600