1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any of you guys servicing 1,000 or more wklys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Oct 5, 2003.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

any of you guys on here servicing 1,000 or more wklys
    theres this one company two brothers they advertise over 3,000 wkly lawn maint. customers i believe it these guys are everywere. there work force is all spanish.its amazing anything is possiable in this business .these guys got to be paying for some of these jobs because they get all the new contructions for sod and sprinklers.all comercial its crazy they been in business 27 yrs .heres the work they do.
    full service lawn maint.
    landscape design/construction
    bulb gardens
    holiday lighting
    winter evergreen protection
    snow removal

they found there niche and went with it.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

can't say I do
  3. ronslawncare

i forgot to add full service tree service. yea they got all the toys ok i admit im wee bit jealous lol.
  4. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I would say they left the niche term along time ago.
    More like: They found there industry and went with it.:D
  5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't advertise having 3,000 weekly's. I think it would turn off customers. I would word it like "We have a great customer base whom we mow on a weekly basis" or something of the sort.
  6. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

How many employee's? How far do they travel? Trucks, equipment, tools, etc has got to be a job just to estimate,schedule, bill all the stuff they've got going, but I guess if they've been doing it for 27 yrs, then they know what they're doing.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

And each apartment or condo unit counts as one, it's a numbers and marketing game.( A contract for a 100 unit condo complex counts as 100 customers) I don't believe We would advertise it either.
    But I guess it works for them for now,so more power to them.
  8. ronslawncare

yea you guys are right advertising over 3,000 lawn maint customers sounds like there to busy .
  9. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Im not jealous
    I got 60 :)
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I do not think that they should boast quantity to the outside public. It would turn me off and I would get the sense that they were a mow and fly out thier ASAP lco. Which they probably are and frankly their is not problem with that. Heck, with over 3000 weekly accts they must have done 1 or 2 things right!

All those addons are also impressive,,,,hell sounds like our buddy qualitylandscaping