any of you guys tried the Wright Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Mar 16, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I was looking at them online the other day and they really offer alot for the money. $7000 will get you a 21/48 with 16cc pumps that goes 13mph and has a ROPS and suspension seat. They also only weigh like 900 some odd pounds. Friend of mine is about to carry them up at his dealership in Saginaw so I'm gonna have to mosey up there and see what they look like in person.

What I want to know is, what is the seat height? I bet they have close to the lowest COG in the industry the way the pumps are set up.

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I tried one out and it was real responsive, however it seemed to really be a rough ride. The grass isn't growing so I can't say anything about the cut. Wright makes nice stuff so I think it would be a good solid mower, and the price is nice.I'm guessing the rough ride is somewhat caused by the short wheelbase and the fact that they have a fairly low weight. I found out later that the rear wheels can be moved forward and back for collection systems and maybe the dealer did not have it set correctly.

3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried one at the gie show in OCT and it was nice...I have a stander now and I love it. I may get a wright Z next. I currently use toro for my z mower and it is nice too...but kinda pricey

4. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

The straddle seat of the Sentar and Sentar sport are very comfy.

5. tb8100

from TX

Yeah the straddle seat on those is nice. I'm talking about the midmount Z though, not the Sentars/Sports. The Sentars actually cost more than the Z, surprisingly enough. The Sports aren't bad as they cost just a hair more than the old Scag Zcats, and are much more agile. Not as rugged, but more agile.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They had a 48" at my Dealer's demo days this past Fall. Would have liked to see a 60" unit.

I like a LOT of things about them.

I would like to see more HP though.

Kinda worried about the cut quality. Never really hear GREAT things about their cut.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Sounds kind of pricey for what you are getting in cut and HP.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

9. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

we sent back our only mid mount Wright Z as no one would even look at it. Now I have all Sentars and and Sports in stock.

10. tb8100

from TX

really? Which one did you have and what kind of price did you have on it?