Any of you guys using "60" inch Walkbehinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Dec 15, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious what percentage of the WB,s mowing are 60 in. It seems there's more of them than I thought.

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one at one time but i think its overkill if your doing a normal residential yard. If you get one just make sure it has a rolller on the front of it.

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Most mower designs have their place and time. I have a 61" Scag TT, but can't use it on some of the properties with large hills; especially if it's been raining alot. The weight of the TT tears everything up. On the other hand I would be quite comfortable using a 60" w/b in the same situation.

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Most mower designs have their place and time. I have a 61" Scag TT, but can't use it on some of the properties with large hills; especially if it's been raining a lot. The weight of the TT tears everything up. On the other hand I would be quite comfortable using a 60" w/b in the same situation.

5. jwcorbin

jwcorbin LawnSite Member

Hello,
    Yes, I own a 60" Walk Behind. It's a Lesco 21HP Kawasaki Hydro with Hydraulic brakes with sulky. The person that owned it before me was an extremist at everything he done so it has foam filled tires also. I actually put in the local swapper this week for sale, with a couple of other individual mowers for sale also. Give me a holler. payup

6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i use 4- 61" bobcat hydro walks, love them to death. they cut awesome and leave a fantastic strip. though i love my ZTRs i would never trade those babies in. tony

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

wanna buy another one?

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 4, 61" Ferris WB Hydros. I'll take them over a Z any day of the week btw.

9. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone got a 60" turf tracer or scag for sale?