Any of you have a website for your business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jdmtnbikr, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

How many of you have legitimate websites? By legitimate I mean something a little more than 1 page with "your name, address, and "call for estimates" ". (Not that there is anything wrong with that I guess)

Did you design them yourselves? How long did u wait to get a website up and going? When you were "small", or when you grew bigger? Do you think it attracts more business? Or is it simply to look more professional?

Curious as to the answers, and to see some websites as well. I am VERY small, doing it part time on the side(landscaping/gardening/interior plantscaping design and maintenance)...but still think it would be cool (and look professional) to get some kind of website up and going.

Thanks

2. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a smaller comapny but have a website. I think it adds a little professialism and helps give people more info about your company. My site was up in a few days, I had a friend do it.

www.apexproperty.net

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We created and coded website ourselves. Website was up and running in a few hrs. www.cutinedge.com Good Luck!!

4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Apex
    You are using a template, correct? That is like the 4th or 5th website I have seen with that exact house on it. I prefer putting my own pics on that I have serviced. Just my .02

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

CutInEdge,
    Your site came out great. Simple, easy to use and get info, to the point. I like it alot. I'm thinking about putting one up, but don't know much at all about building a site. We'll see. Good job!

6. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

I built this site, we'll see how it works out this year and if it helps to drum up a little more business. Took a couple weeks to put together while i was just working on it here and there in my free time. www.morningtidelawn.com

7. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

8. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

That is temporary. I bought the kit from lawn care directory and it came with website templates. I have a ton of pics of stuff we have done and have to finish working on the site. This was temporary so people could look at a professional looking site.

9. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

They are all good looking sites! Joey, the first thing that jumped out at me was the spring training logo you have there, the guy w/ the mower, top right corner. Obviously after the MLB logo. I'm a huge MLB fan (RedSox) and that is something that interested me right off the bat. Nice job with that. Good touch.

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

To expand on the web site question. How much does it cost to maintain both in time and $$$. I have never done one because I have no idea how much time it would take to maintain, update etc. I really get upset when I respond to a company through the web and get no response I don't know if they are too busy to get back to me or if no one is checking the site, and pages that you can't access, or under construction sites, or like someone said sites with no value, boilerplate picture and company name etc. If I did one it would have to be ultra professional and have real value to those visiting. I would like to have pictures of my homes, a FAQ section, my company story, my introduction letter, and possibly a section on plant pests and diseases things like that. I have found the more you give the more you get so when I do something I really need to be committed. Don't know if I'm ready for that commitment. Although if I spent the time with my own website that I do on lawnsite I could probably manage it.