Any of you NOT do a 10-day schedule?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chop Stuff Up, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I always have cut lawns on a weekly basis until it dies down, then I switch to a bi-weekly unless things speed up again. This keeps things on the same day and I don't get confused or scatter routes. I have a customer who is bugging me to do hers every 10 days because her old LCO did it. I told her its a no-go. This same customer dropped her old LCO because he supposedly told his employee she was loco.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

to me it depends on the $$$ amount...then again, everything does with me :)
  3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Im with rod father i do all my small residentials every week no questions asked but when it comes to several acres or more there is quite a bit of money involved ill do them every 10 days 2 weeks 18 days what ever
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We have had folks request the same. We will not do a ten day cycle. We couldn't get it to work. We have our days scheduled in a way to keep our routes tight.
  5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I used to. But nowdays our schedule is too full. So I guess the ansewer is no. But like Rod said, if the money's right I might. Just hasn't happened yet.
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member
  7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually thats how most of our accounts are set up. Sometimes a yard might go 11 days or 9, we cut it when it fits OUR schedule and when we have multiple yards close by. Then again centipede gets cut at 1.5 inches and its not a rapid growing grass so it still works for us.
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

No can do.. No 10-day accounts, no 14 day accounts... weekly only. Anything else is too difficult to schedule as well as not profitable enough for me. I only did 10-day accounts wen I first got started... as I picked up more accounts and got the majority of them on a weekly basis, I found that one week we'd have some very busy (overbooked days) and others we'd have next to non to mow (it also seemed to rain on all of the overbooked days).. never again.
  9. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do 10 day cuts. I try my best to stay on a Monday - Friday work week. Of course the weather really determines my schedule but a 10 day rotation means if you cut it Wednesday, then the next cut is Saturday. I don't schedule cuttings on Saturday. If it happens then it happens but I don't intentionally schedule it. I try to get my weekends off. Plus it would be to hard to manage a changing schedule. I have a route for each day of the week and I try to stay on it.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well picked up a account on sat priced $45 every week, or $50 every 10 days the house is close so routing is easy.