any of you pa nj guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, Jul 5, 2006.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Going out of business because of this rain? (not literally) but just unable to mow at all. its brutal. Great day to cut and BAM cars in for the inspection. Second of all my pup dog is dieing so i figure i take him to the er and im in all afternoon. Weather isn't holding out for tomorrow. rain hard all night into tomorrow. Thank god im becoming an electrician and doingthis on the side. ANd to top it off is my dealer isn't open till tomorrow from the holiday so im screwed for my trimmer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I mean haha. Life will eat you up if you can't laugh at yourself and certain situations. The harder i work the less money i have :confused:

sorry carry on haha. A.D.D runing rampid./

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The rain has been a challenge, but, life goes on..........:waving:

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yep....I actually woke up in a good mood this morning....by the second lawn of the day I was pissed b/c we had to go home. I just don't care anymore. If you care you''l go nuts.

Im about to put some hotdogs on the grill:drinkup:

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

After last year's drought Dave, I keep saying to myself I'm not complaining ever again.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup, I'm hearin' ya.........
    Good news is that we are back on the upswing part of the drought/wet cycle for the next few years.
    On average over the past 20-30 years it's been roughly a 6 year cycle up and down.

6. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I just keep all of my high lifts sharpened and relent that if I sleep today I will be working on the weekend. (AGAIN) I took my sentar sport in for a recall this morning and they gave me a rapid height 52" 19hp for a loaner. They had gators on it and it totally sucked. When it started raining I brought it back to pick up my mower and told the sales guy if he wanted to ever sell that thing get rid of the gators and put some high lifts on it.

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

The rain is a challenge but a drought is a down right nightmare. I'll take the rain anytime. If this keeps up it will be a banner year!!!! Have a good one. Matt

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

9. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Too much rain is just as hard on the bottom line as too little.As the son of a dairy farmer I have had to deal with weather all my life.Just remember all the good days you could be lookin out the window cooped up in Walmart...

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

rained here earlier today and tongiht i hope we can cut so we dont have to work both days of the weekend this week