Any of you pressure wash

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mikewhit1010, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had a lot of people ask me if I pressure wash. I have in the past and I got out of it. I now want to grow my business and was wondering if I buy a northern star for $1,000 or so if it will last. It is 3500 psi and 4 gpm. Also if you guys get a lot of request for the service. If this is a bad device can someone give me some advice on something around $1000 or so. Thanks

PLEASE DONT MOVE this post this is meant for lawn care guys who add this on as an extra service

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i want to. those things are exspensive.

3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one for my own use. It's a nice tool, and I think you are in the right ballpark as far as PSI is concerned. But I noticed while looking at them on the web that the HP doesn't generally seemed to be mentioned in any of the ads. My suspicious mind thinks that's intentional. Mine's 10 HP and ok for my homeowner use, but if you are going to be using yours professionally, I don't think you would want an engine smaller than what I have. And if you do get one, buy at least one additional length of pressure hose. Also, check the oil in the pump religiously. I didn't use to, and when it ran low, the pump had to be replaced.

5. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

Call Bob at Pressuretek.com. I don't have his number handy. You need 4gpm pump, 3000 psi, aluminum frame, honda engine, direct drive should last 5+ years. Then ask about his chemicals he'll set you up. $1200.00 to $1600.00 for a direct drive unit. Good luck!

Bentley's

6. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys. so do any of you offer the service.

7. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I have also thought about this, did the back of a house with my little pressure washer the other day for $75, she supplied the chemicals. The other guy didn't show up and this was his bid. Existing customer.

What is the price for SQ foot and what do you use chemical wise to clean white aluminum gutters? Those things had to be scrubbed with a damn brush to get them clean.