Any of you try "labor ready" for temp workers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed that labor ready is in my burg now and wondered if anyone has used them? I just looked at their website. They pay all the expenses required to feds and state and you pay them. Sounds good for clean-up help in the spring or fall for us solos.

2. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

This topic has come up before here. Most guys had bad luck with them! Search some of the old posts and see!!
    Scott

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've used them before for clean ups and mulching. They charge $12.60 per man hour, with a 4 hour min. I won't let them use any power equipment. They call my house about once a month over the winter asking if I need any help with any up and comming projects. I politely explain that winter months are slow. Over all, I haven't had any problems with any of their crews.

4. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

Here in Houston (no shortage of day laborers) I can get them for 5 - 6 dollars an hour. only useed them one time to move furniture, good workers

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

We tried them last year a few times. It was like getting employees from the prison work release program. They worked but I wouldn't trust them farther than you could see them. If you want more details, write back and I'll further expound. Like Bob said, they're good if you're really short handed and you NEED help bad in a pinch. But, as a source for regular employees, it's the bottom rung on the employee food chain ladder. Good luck.

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

We tried them last year a few times. It was like getting employees from the prison work release program. They worked but I wouldn't trust them farther than you could see them. If you want more details, write back and I'll further expound. Like Bob said, they're good if you're really short handed and you NEED help bad in a pinch. But, as a source for regular employees, it's the bottom rung on the employee food chain ladder. Good luck.

7. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Tried them they were 3 hours late then didnt want to stay past 3 in the evening cause of traffic.