any of you use 20-4-10 50% SRN 1% Fe

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, May 7, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

seems like a nice low N product for the up coming round.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Sounds like a winner!

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I concur.....

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I switched to a 10-0-20, 65% slow-release, 10% Fe for my first round this year.

It's absolutely wonderful as all of my yards are a deep green, with very little top growth.

I was mowing some yards today that I haven't been to for 3 weeks, and was able to get away with just double cutting them, didn't have to bag them.

In the past I'd been running a 19-0-6 30% slow release, with the Dimension built in, but my god, the top growth I was fighting with the cool season turf, trying to keep caught up on the mowing. I was triple cutting / bagging 1/2 the spring.

5. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Why would you want to spend you money on such a low N product. If you figure the cost per M just for that product I'll bet it is over 1.00. Buy the most amount of N, with a minimum 30% slow release and you'll pay less per M for the product. If you mow also just raise the slow release percentages up. You can buy a 39 or 37-0-0 100% slow release if you want to go that high.

6. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Iron is great for high pH soils, but it is short-lived. Manganese, boron, copper, sulfur, etc are also very beneficial for alkaline soils.

8. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you on the low nitrogen %. I have the same problem here. I try not to put down more than 10% also. Where did you get it?

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

The past 10 years i've used a 10-18-20 w/ 1% Fe. Ammonium sulfate will green up your lawn better in colder weather and also leaches less quickly. I know... why the high Phos. It's primarily a winterizer, but would work well for an innitial app in the spring.

10. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Ant,

Is that a U-Flexx or SCU Nitrogen source?