1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any of your customers give tips?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Calvin, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Calvin

Calvin Banned
    from Ontario

Out of 150+ residendtial customers I have at most 10 that will tip. I geneally bill bi-monthly & one customer tacks on en extra $50 each invoice, the other 9 or so geneally give me an extra $20 or $30 & the rest, over 140 customers, NOTHING. No complaints from them, many are 7 year + customers who I believe are happy with their service. Wondering how your customers treat you on pay day.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

You have one customer that gives you $100 tip each month? :confused: You make $460.00 + a month in tips!?!? :eek:
  3. Calvin

Calvin Banned
    from Ontario

bi-monthly=every 2 months-no?

Anyway I bill every 2 months.
  4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

one gave us a tip telling us not to get our wb stuck in her backyard...LOL:D
  5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Monthly invoice I got 10 from one person 5 from another and pocket change from others who pay in cash and dont want the change back.
    Once person I've done some small jobs for, putting an edge arround a tree so she could make a bed job $20 tip $10. Just trimming not pick up trimmings job $30 tip $15 Spread 5 bag of mulch he bought and spring cleanup plus one time cut, job $120 Tip $25.
    I wasnt going to work there becasue its real small and didnt want to waste my time, but its 5min away from my house and the guy is in his 70's and just has 2 groin surgerys so I felt bad. out of that I got both his neighbors and 2 across the road for the year, I would be cutting his but he now needs the excersice. Sometimes thoes small jobs pay off..
  6. KirbysLawn

Whoops, still $230 a month, that's a lot!

Funny Alan!
  7. Calvin

Calvin Banned
    from Ontario

Math 101.
    Every 2 months.
    1 cutomer $50
    9 customers $30 max
    Therefore per month,
    1 customer $25
    9 customers $15=$135
    TOTAL PER MONTH MAX $160 in tips.
    For 150+customers. Is that still good?
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

much like lonestar, my best tip has been to buy stock!

9. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

My gross is about $45,000. Tips were about $40 last year! It'll probably be less this year because a lady who gave me $20 at Christmas sold her house & moved away.
  10. KirbysLawn

Oh crap.....who cares...I'm tired and going to bed. Congrats on the tips....:cry:

Tried the new trimmer today with no shield, finding the rocks are hitting my face more and starting to hurt! Bleeding has stopped, and suggestions?

I think I have grass in my teeth, can someome help me get that rock from the side of my head???