Any of your ZTR fuel gauges fail?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, May 16, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe its just a Ferris problem lol, but ALL three of my ztrs, have one bad in em.

The 250hr 05 1000z its right one is stuck at half all the time, no matter what.
    The 40hr 07 1500z has a single tank and its now stuck at empty.. I just filled it yesterday and thought, damn empty already, i add 2 gallons to the 6 gallon tank and it overflows :/ Still at half

The 10hr 08 3100z already freking its left tank gets stuck at half way mark, if i bang the tank it sometimes shakes loose but now today i think its stuck too, WTF!
  2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Mine was replaced under warranty at about 250 hrs on the IS3100Z.

Hopefully that should be the end of it. I don't fancy changing fuel gauges twice per season. Don't know how it works, it may be the old automotive style with float, resistor, coil and bi-metal strip. Did'nt gave it much thought since it was warranty, only remember a list cost of $40.
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Not just ferris. My exmark gauge fell apart around 800 hours. You dont need it anyways.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, never, then again mine never had one.

But my truck's fuel gauge is faulty, that's a load of fun, too.
  5. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

My Ferris 1500 fuel gauge crapped out on me also, when I fill it up I can see the float floating around.
  6. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

one on my exmark stopped working. instead if a fuel gauge they should take a few bucks off of the mower price.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My Super Z gauges cant fail!!!

My LC Lazer didn't have any gauge. Just ran it till it sputtered then switched tanks. I had it down pretty good on figuring out how much is left.

My old DC had cap style gauges on them. Seemed to work well.

The best was my old JD F-935. It had twin 5.5 gal tanks. One gauge, with a switch to switch between each tank. They were similar to an automotive sending unit. Lasted several years....well, it's still working now 15 years later! Great setup. Was very accurate. You could stop real quick and see the gauge bounce. Wish all mowers had these!
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

well at least i know its not only mine lol. Id gladly take it to the dealer, but theyre 25 miles away or over 45 minutes and dont plan to leave them there and have to drive back out to go and get them... If i have a week where were slow and i have the time to drive them out and drop em off and pick em back up before cutting the next week, ill do it. I wish it was a simple fix, im unsure how they even work period. The old cap style ones work all the time, these im assuming get hung up somehow but not sure why.