1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any Ohio boys out there???

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by newmower32, Apr 10, 2003.

1. newmower32

newmower32 LawnSite Member

:D times
    Any ohio guys with some advice for a new mower?
  2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Cleveland, Ohio

Go Tribe!
  3. newmower32

I just hope they don't fall in the cellar this year.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Miami University and Dayton OH
  5. newmower32

I'm just starting out in the Akron area and have been very slow to get calls about three total. I need to get more fliers out. How has it been for you guys???:dizzy:
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, the referal program i have been pushing for 2 years is really starting to pan out. I have been bidding higher than ever and have not lost a single bid yet. It feals amazing. I attribute it mainly to my marketing pieces though. If you sell profesionalism, you can demand professional rates. :)
  7. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just north of Akron and have had a great response with the flyers. I just got back into mowing after a four year break. Had to buy all new equipment to boot.

Anyway, I hit three nicer neighborhoods with flyers three times each. The first round was at the beginning of March. Anyone who signed with me prior to April 1st got a free cut. I also give a free cut to anyone who referred me to someone else which results in a contract.

I passed out 600 flyers total which resulted in approximately 25 calls for estimates. Of the 25 estimates I landed contracts for 12, which was my target for the year. I have had to turn down close to 15 accounts since then so I don't get overloaded!
  8. newmower32

Wow!!!! Great Response. I'm working in the Fall, Stow and Hudson. I can say my flier have not done so well. But I'm still working it. What area are you working???
  9. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Columbus here...Just starting out, but am ready to go. Need to get a mailing list started.

Good luck this season everyone...
  10. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

:sleeping: North of Canton,it has been a little slow this year.Hopefully it picks up:confused: