1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any one cutting with a John Deere 2305 with the under belly mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TM Lawn, Mar 9, 2008.

1. TM Lawn

TM Lawn LawnSite Member

Any one cutting with a John Deere 2305 with the under belly mower? I use this tractor for its pto, 3 pt hitch, and bucket. We take care of clay infields and do lots of aerating/seeding and because of that I'm set up with all those needed attachments. Now they want me to cut the turf fields as well. Other than these fields I will do no other cutting. Figure cutting twice a week in the spring and fall and cut once a week in the summer. They make a 54" and a 62" deck. Which run in the $1200.00/$1800.00 +/- range. I want to stay away from a ZTR because: same deck size would be more money, the tractor I already own and its always on site, and the ZTR will sit in the shop as I have no other use for it!
    If you use this set up:
    How does it perform?
    How is the cut quality?
  2. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

from experience the tractor will be slow going. at the school we had a 2000 ford with 6ft finish mower and our z would run circles around it. the cut quality was theri though. If I was doing realy good playing fields with the jd I would look at a gang reel set up or something.