Any one ever do any landscaping for wal-mart

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RSK2, Jan 24, 2006.

1. RSK2

RSK2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

hi guy's
    any one on hear ever do any landscaping for wal-mart? they are putting up a new one were i live would like to see how they pay ext... thinking of putting a bid in for the work any info would help thank's :waving:
  2. RHayden

RHayden LawnSite Member

We did 2 super Walmart's in our general area a few years back. We worked under the GC and I know they had no problems whatsoever in getting paid.
  3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

We currently maintain a Super Wal-Mart in SLC. They are pretty good about paying the bill once you finally get set up in their system as a vendor.

Getting set up as a vendor was a long drawn out process that took more than 90 days to set up. After that the process seemed to flow smoothly and once I invoice them I have a check in hand within 30 days.
  4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

if its already under construction sorry its to late the bid is finished and they already have all the details worked out . the best thing to do if you wanna take on big jobs like that is to find out who the general contractor is an get on his list so when he gets the blueprints on a big project he will call you to bid on the landscaping end of it .the best price gets it , so there ya go good luck an have fun
  5. RSK2

RSK2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

hi ever one
    they did not start to put it up yet is going to start this sprig. how much do they bid for ballpark i am just trying to see what i am looking at how long do you have to do all the landscaping ext... thanks:drinkup:
  6. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Why do the Wal-mart landscape contractors Pile the mulch so heavy on the trees?
    It's crazy
  7. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Find out who the general contractor is and call them. Chances are they already have a favorite but worth a try. Here they go cheap. No room for error. Also many times time is limited. GC looks for someone who can get r done. good luck!