1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any One From Arizona

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Feb 25, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

My parents just bought a place in scotts dale arizona and my parents wat me to move down there. I dont know about it thought i am well established over here 100 maintenance clients and builder contracts for landscaping. Is there work down there for this kind of business.?????
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Yes would be the understatement of the year. PM me if you want to talk more.
  3. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

Don't know if you've made a decision but I moved here 3 years ago from Nebr.

Is there lots of work, Yes. Are there lots of people doing it, Yes. Wages here are lower than the midwest. There are alot of lowballers. That said if you can get some contacts you can do well if you do quality work. I bought out a company here and have made some good contacts and am doing real good.

Be glad to answer any questions if you have them.

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll enjoy the " Dry Heat " .
    The traffic , the obnoxious drivers and people .
    I hate Phoenix the area .
    No , you can not come to Sedona .

However , you'll see the most beautiful women in Scottsdale , kinda fake , but nice looking
  5. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Yes yes... the girls in Phoenix are beautiful! The business is BIG here. There are a lot of fly-by-night folks which kinda sucks.
  6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Weedy you have to be the only person on the planet with that avatar, you got some big ones my friend. I gave the Bidwill's a bid for maintenance about 4-6 months ago, I was too expensive. But I hope the Cardinals do well. I just got back from Vegas saw a billboard advertising some club then the question, Silicone or Saline?