Any One From Cincinnati, Ohio

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by WeatherMan, Sep 10, 2003.

1. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

im close, but my business isnt

3. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

not close. cleveland here

4. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Weatherman,

Florence Kentucky :)

Is that a Red Max trimmer in your avatar?

Ed

5. WeatherMan

Hello Ed No Red Max Here only John Deere From Mowers to Trimmers

6. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

All right! Well, I hope you have a great Fall season. It's been a fantastic year so far here in Greater Cincy :)

Take care,

Ed

7. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Hello Gentleman, I'm from the Northern Kentucky Area myself. I am a firefighter/paramedic and looking to start up my own lawncare business in the spring of next year. Any advise or information you all could give me would be great. Just looking to add a little extra money to my income. Thinking about 15/20 lawns weekly. Thanks

8. WeatherMan

Start Advertising, Bid high please dont under bid other LCOs it will only cause proplems for everybody Ive been working in the area for 4 years and have never let my Min. fall below $35.00. No matter how bad the times have got

Good Luck

9. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Trenton Ohio ,next to Hamilton. I just started part time this year after debating about it a couple of years. It has been a pretty good year.

Fire/Grass - my rookie advice would be buy good equipment, start slow, always do your best work ,and don't be afraid to charge what you will be happy with. If you set your prices too low ,you will get plenty of work ,then you'll start rushing to make up for it and your company will suffer.

10. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Hey guys, thanks for the response! I've done alot of reading, and one things for sure, I don't want to low ball anyone. Another question for ya. Before I go out and buy all kinds of equipment, should I use what I have on hand till I start getting some backing.

Equipment on hand:

John Deere 38" deck riding mower.
    21" Craftsman push mower
    Homelite trimmer and blower

Only looking to do smaller residentual to start out, nothing say more then a acre/two tops

And any info on the Northern/Kentucky side of business would be great.