Any one going to the Techo-Bloc Product showcase events?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JS Landscaping, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Anyone going to any of these events? Im going out to the Rocky Hill CT meet on febuary 7th. Ever been to one before? What are they like? They are saying something about recieveing the techo-pro contractor kit. Seems like it should be pretty interesting.

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

2. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I'm going tommorow in Richmond Va. I'll let you know how it was.

John

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We are going to the one on the 3rd in King of Prussia, PA

Chris

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be attending 2/10 in Cherry hill, NJ. This is a new thing for Techo to show off the new and improved products for 2006. They are making a big push into the Northeast and upper Midatlantic markets this year. The contractor kit is sweet. They had one on display at the NJNLA show last week. It contains a sample kit, t-shirts, hats and all kinds of other selling tools, along with a $100 discount certificate on your first purchase. Definitely worth the $50 admission fee. They have quality product and are looking for a way to make all the installers aware of it. Looks like we will get a chance to learn something new and network with others in our industry.

Kirk

5. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I just got back from the show and it was worthwhile. They highlighted their products and introduced some new ones. They have a new large block (1000lb) wall that will be released soon as well a new type double sided wall unit. There were some good marketing ideas to grow your business. The sample kit and the marketing materials are outstanding. They had some nice door prizes. I won a 50-75 dollar tool bag. The grand prize was a cut off saw. The food was excellent and I got to network with other contractors.

John

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Its 1100 pound

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Anybody else that has attended this want to give a review?

8. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

i went to the one in saddlebrook nj on feb .7th 2006 and won a brand new wacker VP 1550AW plate compactor not bad for $50 addmission fee and a free lunch.

go there great time you really learn alot and can really win something as i did.

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Rats, you lucky bastard. That's awesome. I went to the one in KOP and they gave away a 1550 there as well.

Previously, I didn't know anything about their products. I thought it was worthwhile. They gave away a lot of promotional stuff and I learned a lot about their products and their manufacturing process.

Also, the lunch alone was worth $50.00. I ate better than I had in months.

10. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Went to the showcase event in conneticut yesterday. Definatly worth the trip, learned a few new things, and seeing how techo bloc is really working hard on working with us contractors. I was 1 number away from winning the whacker plate compactor, very nice unit. But for the 50 dollar admision fee, you got breakfast, a good lunch, a 300 dollar sample kit which I think will be great to take to the clients and show them and let them see the samples first hand. Its all nicely packed in a nice briefcase with a sample of the geo-tex and geo-grid along with it and all thier colors and texture samples. It even has the samples of the sands. I also walked home with this box full of promotional materal including, 300 door hangers, 4 shirts, 4 hats, 3 signs to display when you are working on a property with techo-bloc, this binder to store your portfolio infromation and a bunch of catalogues. It seems like techo-bloc is really into helping us contractors promote our own companys as promoting thier product. The dedication they seem to be showing to us is great I think. I also applied to become a Techo-pro, an authorized contractor for techo bloc. They really seem to be on the ball in helping us out as much as possible. I definatly think that anyone that can make it to one of these shows should go. I might go again just for another shot at that plate compactor :drinkup: Is there any other seminars comming up in the northeast for landscaping in general? Looking to go to as many as possible before the season starts.

James
    JS LANDSCAPING