Any one here Hydroseeds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Nov 27, 2000.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are planing on buying a 500gallon hydoseeder this spring, and would like to know what the going rate per foot is? The company who has it said it runs 1.7cents per foot cost and resale up to 12cents per foot. We are going to be set up with 5 local towns and alot of builders and exavating companys. We thought do to large business volume we can be at 6cents per foot which will be a large profit and lower then the big contruction companys looking at 12 town jobs and 70 plus homes. What do you get per foot?

2. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I have been hydroseeding for about three years. I have not been able to get .06 cents per foot yet. I usually am at .045

Watch these manufacturers, they promise big profits...

Most of the time they cannot deliver.

I have my Finn T-50 for sale. I am in Western NC.

Let me know if you're interested.

davidott@grove.net

3. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

We have a 1000 gal hydroseeder. We only use it on hillsides. Doesn't seem like the grass does as well as what is put in the ground.

4. Sean Gassman

Sean Gassman LawnSite Member

Pricing depends on you specifications. How much mulch per 1000 sf are you spraying? You can spray $ .06 for a very thin job that may require sprays or you can charge $.10 for a very good job that gets grass almost 100% of the time. Your cost will very. The rat of $.017 per foot is not true with all jobs or companies. And this probable only take into consideration direct cost and not indirect cost such as over head. Hydro seeding is not a produce, it is a service. There are several of may compatition that chare $.04 to $.06 per sq. ft. and go out of business and/or have a bad reputation because they have to go back several times before their customers get grass. We charge from $.095 to $.11 for smaller jobs and respray less than 1% of our customer. We work less and make more money and have one of the best reputations in town. If you would like to learn more about quality jobs and pricing I would recommend you join a new hydroseeding association called Hydro Turf Planters Association. It is a international association run by contractors to help other contractors and the public. A committee is also being formed to create Certified Hydroseeding Contractor program. HTPA'S 2nd Annual Conference is also next Fri. Feb 23 & 24

http://www.htpa.org