Any one hung up on color?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious if you think the rainbow effect on the trailor is unproffesional? Meaning a hustler Z and John deer walk.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i dont think people really care what color your mowers are. they might care if its old, run-down and looking like its about to break any second. JMO

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see any problem with it. I don't think many customers or potential customers care about our equipment as we sometimes think they do.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I think so long as you do great work and have a professional image...no one cares what color your stuff is...keep it clean ,neat and maintained...and go make some $$$$

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I kinda would like things to match too, but it just dosn't happen because one color dosn't make one machine or the other, or another color they are only good for 21" mowers, and so on.

You want to talk rainbow.. I have the ugliest! 2 yellow mowers (walkers), 1 brown/tan mower (grasshopper) 1 silver 21" (John deere) 3 Orange trimmers, hanging on Red racks, all this loaded on a grey painted trailer pulled by a purple and black truck!

I pride myself in having things "orginized" and straight on the trailer. The trailer is usually clean, has nice-ish white wheels, no major dents. The truck is also clean most of the time, also no dents and rust. But in my travels recently even I was in Florida and OMG. I'm guessing that 75% of the rigs I saw were just nasty. Mowers and trailer all beat the hell up, everything loaded wrong (all the weight in the rear) trucks falling apart, and so on... But there was the remainder that looked really nice, most of those were using enclosed trailers that were clean. (yes there was others with enclosed trailers that were beat up or they were half brown because they had never seen a wash.

I could tell what the guy looked like by looking at the rig, before I ever saw him. And yes, it's your usual sterotypical assumption as to what guy/crews had the ugliest rigs, also who had the nice neat clean ones.

6. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

We are hung up on Colour....I will not lie. Almost everything we own is Black, Green or Yellow. If we have two of something....they are the same. Even our shovels and rakes, if we have 2 rakes they were bought at the same time and they look the same. It may not be important to anyone else, but when I get up to go out and work I personally feel good about my business, and that motivates me all day long.

Analogy: If Company A gave a printed coffee mug to every customer after they finished, and Company B didn't; nobody would say "Campany B doesn't care about growing there business", but they will say "Wow Company A, sure wants to do well at this business"

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont think anyone cares about the color or condition. Most people arent home when you mow, and dont look at your mowers before hiring you. What would you do if a customer came up to you and said that you did a great job but your mowers didnt match and they are dirty? Start a thread of course, and we would have a feild day with it.

8. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I can't believe the customer would ever even give it a thought. I am color blind anyway, so my setup is probably never color coordinated anyway.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I run an enclosed trailer, so they never see more than 1 mower at a time.

With that said, it's a white trailer with green and silver lettering, so that does somewhat narrow down what color of trucks I buy.

Right now I'm running dark silver trucks, but next time will probably go back to the mainstream white. Not because my customers know any different, I personally just like the look better.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow thats exactly how i think about my company to. but my colors are green(trucks), yellow (logos) and orange(mowers) and yellow (soon to be ct332). everything has to match i like the way it looks and i know all the other guys wana :cry: when they see my rig.