Any one know how Disney keeps there grounds maintained?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WishforScagWildcat, Aug 10, 2013.

1. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Dang you guys know ur stuff, like i said before, i just was wondering how they did it, does anyone know what training is required for such landscaping level?

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

You would be amazed at what's backstage at EPCOT, massive amounts of trucks and toro mowers. All the nice potted topiaries you see out front have doubles just as nice just in case stored out back. What looked like a completely stocked and ready to go nursery, composting area and dump for debis.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I know when I was there a few years back it sure looked like a hack job on what I saw in the park. Maybe it was newbies, but that would be something else to do.

4. WishforScagWildcat

from FL

Haha, yeah in a year im gonna take the behind the scenes tour. I would figure they are pretty well equipped with their type of funds available.

5. I've seen valley crest mowing and trimming around the motels.

6. WishforScagWildcat

from FL

Yeah, I have heard that disney has started subcontracting stuff out to them instead of doing it in house. But I have also heard Valley Crest does not do the greatest job either, maybe they only really care about taking care of their BIG clients and don't care as much in the residential that they do?

7. DisneyLand, Anaheim Ca.,,,pretty much is all done by Valley Crest so same to say, Disney Corp sub contracted to them .

With that said, if you pay attention at least here in the park, you will see freshly laid sod to fix a dying spot.

Many doubles for the plants that are there. It's quite incredible.

Then at newest theme park...CA Adventures.....oh my gosh the miles and miles of 1/4" tubing for the potted plants.
    John

8. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Was at Disney World last March and stayed at one of their resorts. They had a large crew show up and sod cut some damaged areas and reinstalled new sod. They trimmed all the bushes up and mowed the lawns with a Toro Grandstand with a mulch kit installed. I was surprised they ran the mower with guest's all around . They performed the work around 10-11 ish in the AM . They got in and out quickly!!!!

9. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

All I know is I hate Disney world I hate mickey mouse and they make me go broke every time I go. I swear if I ever go back ill punch tinker bell in the face and hang myself off the castle

10. Promises promises