Any one know how Disney keeps there grounds maintained?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WishforScagWildcat, Aug 10, 2013.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

goats, lots and lots of goats

2. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Haha, Yea maybe at Disney's Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge....!

3. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

I'm going there next week with my family, so I'll give the LawnSite community (we're staying on the grounds at the Polynesian Resort) a full report of my observations when I return!

4. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

Cool, have fun....That is the only resort there that I haven't Stayed at over night! Love the pork nachos at the downstairs grab and go food place there....think they call it quick service.....Hope you have fun with the Fam.!

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I realize everyone is different, but I took my kids there once so they could experience. Minus the water parks, I'd rather pull out my toenails than go back.

I go this thing about people. I'd rather be someplace they aren't. Like Yellowstone, Tetons, Canadian Rockies, etc. The only lines are cause by buffalo or bears crossing the road.

We hit Blizzard Beach, that was a lot of fun, especially the big slide, unfortunately I only hit 54 MPH on it.

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I am with on that. I like to not be around people on vacation.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

:hammerhead:

Good grief, not sure what happened with my spelling and grammar on that one.

:eek:

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I think you made me do it on my post too.

9. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

its 5 oclock on friday, we forgive you guys lol.

aparently Disney is all about spending as much money as you can on your kids. The sense of satisfaction your children get from you saying yes to anything they want makes their vacation amazing.

Im single with no kids, me and 2 friends just booked an RV for 2 weeks in april to explore yellowstone. $1200 plus gas and plane tickets, im guessing 4k for two weeks, ($1000-1500 per person). Money well spent IMO

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I apreciate all vacations. .spent three weeks, two different years in Rocky mt. Nat. Park...Chaco canyon, canyon de chelly., various remote camgrounds...also enjoyed snowboarding for last 15 years...went to europe also....Disney is fun as well..though I went as a kid..

Any vacation is good...cannot wait to take the kids to all the above