1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any one know how Disney keeps there grounds maintained?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WishforScagWildcat, Aug 10, 2013.

1. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

It takes 600 people working around the clock..the open common areas all get done during the day. theme park interiors are done at night when parks close. specialty items like the topiarys have several duplicates, not just one or two...most all plants, trees, flowers are grown on site..if anything looks even remotely bad it gets swapped out. they also use growth regulators as well as natural pesticides..the only time ive ever seen things look bad are during the winter sometimes we get a frost or even a freeze that just burns everything...for the size of the property and the amount of work time and money that goes into it it usually looks pretty good.
  2. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I hate being around other people in general (mass crowds) But i always seem to forget at disney. We fix the money problem by planing ahead a bringing our own food and supplies.....! Just got back from a Boy Scout Camporee. Best time ive had in a while.... Outdoors is one of the biggest things I LIVE for!
  3. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder how much money the maintenance budget for a year is?
  4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of places who have more than a few acres (such as golf courses) usually have their own landscaping division.
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have been there twice with my family as a kid growing up. Alot of fun. I also went there for 5 days my first year of marriage. Now with 3 boys I would image we will go back sometime but for me I would have to go during thanksgiving or x-mas break. Heat in florida during the summer ---I might as well work and smmer is way to busy to take 2 weeks off and go away. The money they spend.....I would hate to know that dollar amount
  6. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

Its actually really sad, I was in Disney Paris a few years back real early one morning. My God it brings tears to my eyes now that I think of it. All the extras from obscure cartoons were cutting, weeding, brushing and so on. I even saw the teapot from beauty and the beast there, the foreman was giving him a real hard time cause he was spilling tea here and there. Ruined my holiday....