any one put in more hours than me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jan 3, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

wow 04 was quite a busy rear for me i finished the year off with 1014 overtime hours at my full time(cnc machinist) job. i also managed about 25-30 lawns through out the year with 1/2 of them being commercial lawns.

in the summer i was working 84 hours at work and probably another 25-30 hours each week doing lawn work. i did this for about 3 months straight.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope I peeked at 90 hours a week in may of course that was all landscaping not an indoor job. I use to run and program a CNC milling center never again all I did was sit on my butt and eat not a very happy 2 years of my life.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I guess the question I have is why. Money is no good when you are dead and it sounds like you are going to work yourself to death

4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i just had to see if i could do it. i have no intention on doing that again next year. this year i'm shooting for the work smarter not harder.

i guess the reason why i did it is cause i wanted 1/2 of my house paid for. i bought a house this spring. that was my goal being 24 yrs old.In 05 maybe i'll buy a corvette or something.

i conquered my goal in 04 i'll just have to see if i can reach my goal for 05

5. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

WOW!!! I'm sure a good CNC machinist should make at least $20. an hour and $30. for overtime. At 86 hours a week that would be $2180. and 25 hours in the lawn business at $60. an hour is $1500. That's a grand total of $3680 a week for 12 weeks or $44,160. for the summer. I was going to ask what you were going to do with all your money, but working 18 hour days you don't have time to spend any. If I had a CNC machine at my disposal I would have all kinds of cool stuff for my Harley.

6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

80 hours per week average, April to Nov, for the last 8 years. 45 hours/week thrugh the winter. I'm starting to slow down though, I turned 61 yesterday. But I don't intend to stop until their shovellin dirt in my face. Do I work because I'm married to my third wife and my youngest daughter is 7? Nope, I just like my work. Dec 31 2004, I mowed a 5 acre commercial (70 degrees and sunny here) on a 72" sabre tooth tiger, 31hp diesel and I'm still grinnin. Awesome machine. I built a 40 by 60 shop in 2003 to store my equipment and to work on them when the weather is bad.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you Green. I hope i'm still alive at 61....lol :D