Any one seen the new Ferris Z, and WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Nov 8, 2000.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Has any one seen the new Ferris mowers. They are coming out with a new ZTR, also has any used there new walk behind. It looks to have a floating deck. There web site does not offer much information on there machines. Like blade tip speed. I am a big beliver it high tip speed. After going to Dixie, which has a tip speed of 19,000 fpm, I am spolied. I am purchasing a new walk behind, and Exmark TTHP 52" look about what I want. But have not herd about the new ferris WB. Wish Dixie had a WB. I bet that would fun on a velke at 13mph lol.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen it on the web site and have read about it in a thread. I want to know How much they are?

11mph sounds good to me and the I.S. is supposed to let you go that fast most of the time.

3. Superior Lawn Care

Superior Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I test drove one of the Z's with the IS it was nice and fast if you mow at full speed it doesnt give the greatest cut though. If I remember correct though the price was around 10K.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I dont of any new walkbehind coming out but has anyone ever used the ferris dual hydros. they are very strange looking.he gas tank is next to the engine instead od under the handles and the machine is very wide. imsure its great on hills and looks built very heavy duty.

5. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

6. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Just got a brochure from Ferris. The IS4000Z is available in 3 configurations:
    1. 27 HP LC Kaw with 61" deck - List 10,999
    2. 27 HP LC Kaw with 72" deck - List 11,499
    3. 31 HP Daihatsu w/ 72" deck - List 13,995

If you're satisfied with only rear wheel IS, then there's 2 ways to go:
    1. 23 HP Kaw with 61" deck - List 8,995
    2. 25 HP Koh with 61" deck - List 9,195

I've no idea how much dealers discount these mowers, if any.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

did the prices dramatically increase for 2000? last year when i was in the market for a new ztr i looked at and tries the feris I/s. It was $7200.00 then. It did ride very smooth but i wasnt impressed by the cut as all. Toro won my sale!

8. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Couldn't say. The price list is current as of 8/1/2000. $7200 is about a 20% discount of list for the IS3000Z with 23 HP Kaw. Not sure what dealers discount on these models. A local Scag dealer discounts 10% on his machines even with no 'dealing', but have no idea if he'd go 20%.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like an interesting mower. I'm gonna have to test drive one in the "Spring" (I couldn't resist):)